Intermediate / Senior Instrumentation Designer
Dynamysk is a Canadian enterprise specializing in Instrumentation, Controls, and Electrical (ICE) system design, construction and commissioning. Our foundation is a history of trust and respect within the energy industry in Western Canada. Dynamysk provides domain expertise proven to reduce project risk, schedule and cost for our clients. Head office is based in Calgary, Alberta.
Dynamysk provides many reasons to want to work with us. Not only do we provide our employees with high engagement in their work, we provide other incentives that make the workday easier. Profit Sharing, Excellent Salary/Benefits, Flexible Work Hours, Free Parking, Social Events and much more!
Dynamysk is currently looking for a full time Intermediate / Senior Instrumentation Engineer / Technologist to be a member of our team. You will collaborate with more senior team members, playing a multi-faceted role in supporting our clients in the Engineering / Automation Solutions space. You will be pivotal in solving our customers business problems using your creativity and technical expertise to create, design, and implement innovative control system solutions. Ultimately, you will provide superior client experiences partnering with your internal team to cohesively deliver a vision, energy, and intensity that exceeds client expectations. To thrive in this role, you’ll need to have strong interpersonal skills, love variety, work independently, communicate well, be detail oriented and have a high level of organizational skills.
This position is based in our head office in Calgary, Alberta.
- Create data sheets, instrument index, and size instruments in collaboration with other disciplines.
- Work with SmartPlant INtools databases and data entry.
- Assist with sizing calculations for flow meters and valves.
- Interface with other departments, project managers, engineers, designers, clients and vendors during all phases of projects to ensure a good working interface.
- Develop instrument work packages and select instrument and control system equipment.
- Review onsite equipment and subsystems for correct instrumentation and provide recommendations for additional instrumentation (as required).
- Provide technical support.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Be part of an engineering and site team environment.
- High problem solving and project execution know how.
- Minimum 3 years experience in an instrumentation designer role.
- Progressive success in engineering/technologist experience in high volume, fast-paced environments.
- Able to adapt to various situations quickly, while adhering to daily deadlines.
- Strong software computer proficiency - Word, Excel, Outlook, and BlueBeam
- Superb communication, written, spoken, consultative.
- Must have valid drivers license.
- Registration with APEGA (P.Eng, ) and/or ASET (CET, RET, P.Tech(Eng)) considered an asset.