Intermediate / Senior Mechanical - S3D Software Designer
Dynamysk is a Canadian enterprise specializing in Instrumentation, Controls, and Electrical (ICE) system design, construction and commissioning. Our foundation is a history of trust and respect within the energy industry in Western Canada. Dynamysk provides domain expertise proven to reduce project risk, schedule and cost for our clients. Head office is based in Calgary, Alberta.
Dynamysk provides many reasons to want to work with us. Not only do we provide our employees with high engagement in their work, we provide other incentives that make the workday easier. Profit Sharing, Excellent Salary/Benefits, Flexible Work Hours, Free Parking, Social Events and much more!
Dynamysk is currently looking for a full time Intermediate / Senior Mechanical - S3D Software Designer to be a member of our team. You will collaborate with more senior team members, playing a multi-faceted role in supporting our clients in the Engineering / Automation Solutions space. You will be pivotal in solving our customers business problems using your creativity and technical expertise to create, design, and implement innovative control system solutions. Ultimately, you will provide superior client experiences partnering with your internal team to cohesively deliver a vision, energy, and intensity that exceeds client expectations. To thrive in this role, you’ll need to have strong interpersonal skills, love variety, work independently, communicate well, be detail oriented and have a high level of organizational skills.
This position is based in our head office in Calgary, Alberta.
As a Mechanical Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Use Simplify S3D Software to create definitions of parts, modules, and assemblies in the form of 2D cross sections, 3D models, tolerance stack-ups, and various electronic data formats to support analysis, manufacturing, assembly, tooling, and inspection.
- Resolving problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent.
- Communicating with direct team and supervisor, as well as presenting to internal teams on metrics, project status and research.
- Interface with other departments, project managers, engineers, designers, clients and vendors during all phases of projects to ensure a good working interface.
- Provide technical support.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Be part of an engineering and site team environment.
- High problem solving and project execution know how.
- Strong proficiency using Simplify S3D Modelling Software.
- Minimum 3 years experience in an Mechanical designer role.
- Progressive success in engineering/technologist experience in high volume, fast-paced environments.
- Able to adapt to various situations quickly, while adhering to daily deadlines.
- Strong software computer proficiency - Word, Excel, Outlook, and BlueBeam.
- Superb communication, written, spoken, consultative.
- Must have valid drivers license.
- Registration with APEGA (P.Eng, ) and/or ASET (CET, RET, P.Tech(Eng)) considered an asset.